[Dovecot] Always 'new mail' false notifications?

Stephan van Beerschoten stephanb at whacky.net
Fri Dec 12 09:55:08 EET 2003

Hi,

I just yesterday played around and installed dovecot. I like it a lot
(except for the lack of mysql support), but I have one issue I can't
seem to fix.
I am using mutt as my mailclient and mutt will alert me whenever new
mail has arrived in any mailfolder I have configured.
The thing is, that mutt continously signals me of new mail in all my
folders, when in reality nothing has entered there.

Does this sound familiar to anyone ?
All I can think of, is that something is happening with modification
timestamps of my mailboxes which signals the new mail flag, but I don't
know what causes it.

A small description of my setup:
One server running dovecot. I access mail locally via IMAP, but can also
access the spoolfiles and mailfolders directly. I'm the only one with
shell access.
Procmail filters mail and delivers it to my mailfolders in ~/Mail.

Any ideas ?

--
Stephan van Beerschoten                     [KeyID: 0x08F12864]
    "To err is human, to forgive is Not Company Policy"