[Dovecot] dovecot.. (mySQL authentication)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 16 21:57:34 EET 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 16:45, Cami wrote:

> >>I've not, but subjectively speaking, Dovecot is *FAST*.
> >
> > What I'm mostly working on now should make it even faster :)
>
> Well.. Sounds good.. However, i'd still like to see some
> benchmarks done.. If i'm planning to let dovecot handle
> 350 000 mailboxes, i need to make sure everyones benchmark
> results are pretty similiar.. Any chance you'd get some time
> to post some benchmarks? (against courier to be specific ;)

That depends on what IMAP clients are used and all kinds of other
things. I don't want to waste time doing any benchmarks until after the
changes I'm doing now. Anyway for IMAP webmails Dovecot is most likely
many times faster than Courier. For "normal" IMAP clients it might not
be that much faster, although several people have told that using
Dovecot feels much faster than Courier/Cyrus.