[Dovecot] dovecot.. (mySQL authentication)

David S. Madole david at madole.net
Fri Dec 12 15:19:43 EET 2003

"Cami" <camis at mweb.co.za> wrote:

> >>Has anyone got any experimental patches for mysql auth?
> >
> > The attached patch was published to this list by Matthew Reimer a few
months
> > ago. I have merely updated it to apply to the current 0.99.10.4 version
of
> > Dovecot.
>
> Great.. Has development on dovecot stopped? (I'm quite curious why this
> hasnt been merged with the current dovedot development release.. That
> is, if there is a development reason ;))

Not at all, Timo is quite active. I don't intend to speak for him, but he
has indicated on this list before that his first goal is to get the existing
functionality working to his satisfaction so that 1.0 can be released, then
to add new features after that. Although 0.99.10.4 works very well, there
are some internal issues, especially with mbox (which I don't use), that he
knows need work.

> Excellent.. Thanks.. Has anyone done any benchmarking to see how dovecot
> compares to courier?

I've not, but subjectively speaking, Dovecot is *FAST*.

Dave