[Dovecot] dovecot.. (mySQL authentication)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 12 16:13:14 EET 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 15:19, David S. Madole wrote:
> > Great.. Has development on dovecot stopped? (I'm quite curious why this
> > hasnt been merged with the current dovedot development release.. That
> > is, if there is a development reason ;))
>
> Not at all, Timo is quite active. I don't intend to speak for him, but he
> has indicated on this list before that his first goal is to get the existing
> functionality working to his satisfaction so that 1.0 can be released, then
> to add new features after that.

Well, mysql authentication doesn't really belong to those "after 1.0
features" .. It's mostly been that I've had so much else to do and have
forgotten it always. Maybe I'll include it with 0.99.10.5 which I should
actually release to fix some mbox problems :)

> > Excellent.. Thanks.. Has anyone done any benchmarking to see how dovecot
> > compares to courier?
>
> I've not, but subjectively speaking, Dovecot is *FAST*.

What I'm mostly working on now should make it even faster :)