[Dovecot] Always 'new mail' false notifications?

Stephan van Beerschoten stephanb at whacky.net
Mon Dec 15 22:28:56 EET 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:11:05PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 09:55, Stephan van Beerschoten wrote:
>> I am using mutt as my mailclient and mutt will alert me whenever new
>> mail has arrived in any mailfolder I have configured.
>> The thing is, that mutt continously signals me of new mail in all my
>> folders, when in reality nothing has entered there.
>
>I'm guessing it's using recent messages-counters to do it, which are
>currently broken in Dovecot.

That sounds like the problem indeed. However, that almost seems like a
vital part of a imap/pop3 server here. Doesn't this almost render
dovecut unusable for a large majority of users ?
Surely 'mutt' isn't the only MUA that uses this system.

Have they been broken long already and is there any idea on when they
might be ok again? Thanks.

/Stephan

--
Stephan van Beerschoten                    [KeyID: 0x08F12864]
"If you are adminstering UNIX systems and don't master tools