[Dovecot] Always 'new mail' false notifications?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 16 21:47:17 EET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 22:28, Stephan van Beerschoten wrote:
> >I'm guessing it's using recent messages-counters to do it, which are
> >currently broken in Dovecot.
> >
> That sounds like the problem indeed. However, that almost seems like a
> vital part of a imap/pop3 server here. Doesn't this almost render
> dovecut unusable for a large majority of users ?
> Surely 'mutt' isn't the only MUA that uses this system.
>
> Have they been broken long already and is there any idea on when they
> might be ok again? Thanks.

Actually they should be working fine as long as you're not using
INDEX=MEMORY or for some other reason deleting index files. Also most
clients don't really use recent counters for anything so it hasn't been
too much of a problem anyway..

I have a nice plan to fix them well, but I'd rather do it after the
larger changes I'm currently doing.