[Dovecot] RE: Compile problem

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Wed Dec 24 17:09:25 EET 2003

I am a package maintainer for the Solaris community site known as CSW or
blastwave.org.  A CSW user requested a dovecot package, so I am attempting to
build the package.

I downloaded 0.99.10.4 earlier this month and it compiles just fine on my test
machine.  I went to our CSW build machines to build a version that I can
distribute.  I got the latest CVS version and used the same environment
variables and configure options as the build on my test machine.

In src/lib-storage I get the following compile error.  I do not have
proxy-mail-storage.c on my test machine from the earlier download, so I hope
this is a problem that you can easily fix.

The environment is Sun SPARC on Solaris 8.  I am using the Sun compiler which
seems to work fine for this software.  My configure options are ./configure
--prefix=/opt/csw --with-libiconv-prefix=/opt/csw --with-shadow --with-pam
--with-ldap --with-ssl=openssl --with-ssldir=/opt/csw/ssl

..
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../src/lib  -I../../src/lib-mail
-I../\../src/lib-imap   -I/opt/csw/include  -fast -xarch=v8 -I/opt/csw/include
-c `te\st -f 'proxy-mail-storage.c' || echo './'`proxy-mail-storage.c
"proxy-mail-storage.c", line 10: void function cannot return value
cc: acomp failed for proxy-mail-storage.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `proxy-mail-storage.o'
Current working directory
/export/home/asmoore/build/dovecot-0.99.10/src/lib-st\orage
*** Error code 1
..

Thanks, Alex Moore