[Dovecot] Re: Bugfix for use with "Opera mail" and "AnalogX"

Gerhard Muntingh gerhardm at muntingh.tmfweb.nl
Wed Dec 24 00:56:31 EET 2003

Hello,

[ Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to this list. ]

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 12:52:11PM +0000, Matthias Andree wrote:
> The client bug will have to be fixed nonetheless because sooner or
> later, some response will arrive with the last CRLF on a packet
> boundary, killing off the client.
>
> I'd suggest not fixing Dovecot until after the clients are fixed, so
> that the vendors have something to test against.

I heartily agree.  If the login procedure fails, there is also a bigger
chance of more problems of the same kind.  The failing login procedure
warns the user of a dataloss probability in his mailclient.

Dataloss is much worse than a not working mailclient.

It's probably not going to get fixed if they don't have access to a
dovecot server (installed in a minute with debian).  Or with the
right business priority (unlikely without public pressure).

I can always ask.  And I'm going to do that in the morning.

Good night,

Gerhard.