[dovecot] 0.99.8-test1 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 4 05:45:19 EET 2003

I think all of the reported bugs are again fixed in CVS, so I made a
tarball of it. I'd like to hear if there's any problems with it. Here's
the most important changes:

v0.99.8 2003-02-xx  Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>

	* NOTE: Configuration file has changed a bit: auth_userinfo was
	  replaced by userdb and passdb. *_port were merged into *_listen.
	  Disabling listening in imaps port is now done by changing protocols
	  setting.

	+ Fully featured POP3 server included. Disabled by default.
	+ Support for LITERAL+, MULTIAPPEND and UNSELECT extensions.
	+ Internal API cleanups made Dovecot faster and take less memory
	+ auth_verbose logs now all authentication failures
	+ Support for Solaris 9 sendfilev() (not really tested)
	- COPY now behaves as RFC2060 says: "If the COPY command is
	  unsuccessful for any reason, server implementations MUST restore the
	  destination mailbox to its state before the COPY attempt."
	- maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes was broken.
	- mboxes in subfolders weren't selectable.
	- STORE didn't accept multiple flags without () around them
	- PLAIN SASL-authentication was a bit broken.
	- IMAP dates were parsed a few hours wrong
	- If auth/login process died unexpectedly at startup, the exit status
	  or killing signal wasn't logged.
	- mbox parsing might have crashed sometimes
	- Next command after STARTTLS was ignored which left the connection
	  stuck sometimes
	- STATUS command removed \Recent flags from messages
	- Several bugfixes to SEARCH command, especially related to multiple
	  search conditions