[dovecot] Re: pop3: last, and auth plain

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 27 00:00:07 EET 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 23:45, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> > > Also, under BSD/OS, the "auth plain" mechanism doesn't work.  Perusing
> I had some indications that the dovecot-auth process died
> prematurely, but that could simply be operator error.

I noticed that too while testing. It crashes if client sends invalid
data to auth plain. It shouldn't affect valid authentications though,
except by aborting auth for other people who were just logging in. Well,
I'll include the fixpatch.

> BTW for a completely random remark: you might get configure to check
> whether "lchown()" exists and use "chown()" if it does not
> (in safe-mkdir.c)

Oh, didn't notice lchown() wasn't posix. I'll make it use fchown() and
fchmod().