[dovecot] Re: 0.99.6rc3

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Jan 11 22:26:29 EET 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 15:22, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, "release candidate" wasn't really right name for last two
> versions. Maybe not for this one either, it has a few changes that could
> potentially break things badly (new hash table code especially). Anyway,
> seems to work with me. If I don't see any problems with it for a few
> days it'll be the final.
>
> The really great news is that we support threading. A lot of people have
> not used Dovecot simply because it couldn't be used for webmails. Hmm.
> What's the next most important feature? .. Better mbox support? Shared
> folders? Quota? LDAP/MySQL/etc. authentication?

I know this has been asked before. But I know a fair number of people
would like dovecot to drop-in replace uw-imapd/ipopd

so two things - can you make it possible to drop in replace
uw-imapd/ipopd by having a pop3 daemon come along w/it and will dovecot
now handle a /var/mail/$user mbox as an inbox but allow ~/mail
maildir/mbox folders?

-sv