[dovecot] Re: 0.99.6rc3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jan 11 22:34:52 EET 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 22:26, seth vidal wrote:
> I know this has been asked before. But I know a fair number of people
> would like dovecot to drop-in replace uw-imapd/ipopd
>
> so two things - can you make it possible to drop in replace
> uw-imapd/ipopd by having a pop3 daemon come along w/it

Yes, I think. pop3 should so simple enough to write in a few hours,
unless I have to redesign some interfaces for accessing mail. I'll read
the pop3 spec and see then.

> and will dovecot
> now handle a /var/mail/$user mbox as an inbox but allow ~/mail
> maildir/mbox folders?

Yes. default_mail_env=mbox:/var/mail/$U to config file does that. Except
maildir and mboxes can't be mixed for now - wouldn't be too difficult to
support though.