[dovecot] Re: 0.99.6rc3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 13 00:53:23 EET 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 22:34, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > so two things - can you make it possible to drop in replace
> > uw-imapd/ipopd by having a pop3 daemon come along w/it
>
> Yes, I think. pop3 should so simple enough to write in a few hours,
> unless I have to redesign some interfaces for accessing mail. I'll read
> the pop3 spec and see then.

Well, it requires a few changes it seems. Another related problem is
that with mbox we should hide some of the message headers, with current
code that'd messy and slow. I've also thought about supporting SQL
databases to store mails, but a bit too much of the logic is index
file-specific now.

So, time for a cleanup to fix all these at once. FETCH and SEARCH are
the only commands whose logic should be moved, after that the
lib-storage won't have hardly any IMAP specific features anymore. Any
other protocols that we could support? :)