[Dovecot] search throwing "Sequence out of range"

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 9 22:27:38 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 00:00, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> Mulberry client-side message filtering can be persuaded to search for a
> nonexistent message ...
>
> <tag> UID SEARCH UNSEEN UNDELETED UNDRAFT 12 (OR FROM "Cron Daemon
> <sthen at eeyore.37.spacehopper.org>" SUBJECT "Cron <sthen at wide>
> /home/sthen/pingme")
>
> Dovecot 0.99.10 returns this ...
>
> <tag> NO Sequence out of range: 12

OK, this is Mulberry bug, should probably be reported to them. Actually
even without this error message it might work incorrectly. Suppose there
was two new messages, then this SEARCH would match the second new one
instead of the one that got just expunged.

Or I don't know if it matters, if it would be applying those same
filters to that second message in any case next..