[Dovecot] Concerns switching from Courier to Dovecot

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 10 03:23:45 EEST 2003

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

> You'd currently have to recompile Dovecot with the new filenames, but
> that's pretty easy to do. And I think I'll make these filenames also
> configurable from config file.

Don't add too many options. Removing options that aren't directly
necessary is bliss. Adding a compile-time option to switch the whole set
of names to "Dovecot mode" or "Courier-IMAP" mode is sufficient, if at
all needed. Dovecot has yet to see its 1.0 release, so changing the
default file names NOW is easier done than later.

--
Matthias Andree