[Dovecot] Date sort-order ignoring timezone, and a few Q's.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 11 02:45:11 EEST 2003

On Friday, Jul 11, 2003, at 00:52 Europe/Helsinki, Mark E. Mallett
wrote:

> Up until recently dovecot was returning the correct internaldate.
> Recently it has started returning the time string as if it were the
> local time, and ignoring the timezone.

I doubt it has ever even tried to use the timezone in From-lines. If it
worked with you before, it was probably because you had the dates
stored in "correct" timezone.

> Would it hurt to parse timezone information on the "From_" line
> if it's there?

I guess I could do it. At least the -0000 or +0000 format. Parsing
named timezones would probably be too much trouble.