[Dovecot] Date sort-order ignoring timezone, and a few Q's.

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Fri Jul 11 02:49:20 EEST 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 02:45:11AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Friday, Jul 11, 2003, at 00:52 Europe/Helsinki, Mark E. Mallett
> wrote:
>
> >Up until recently dovecot was returning the correct internaldate.
> >Recently it has started returning the time string as if it were the
> >local time, and ignoring the timezone.
>
> I doubt it has ever even tried to use the timezone in From-lines. If it
> worked with you before, it was probably because you had the dates
> stored in "correct" timezone.

Nope-- no change there for a long, long time.  It suddenly
started happening after a particular dovecot install.  I suspected
that it had something to do with the change you made to start
caching dates if they were referenced (am I remembering that right?)
Perhaps without caching you simply took the literal string, but
with caching you interpreted the date?

> >Would it hurt to parse timezone information on the "From_" line
> >if it's there?
>
> I guess I could do it. At least the -0000 or +0000 format. Parsing
> named timezones would probably be too much trouble.

That would be great, even though I'm probably the only one who
wants it.

mm