[Dovecot] Date sort-order ignoring timezone, and a few Q's.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 11 03:08:56 EEST 2003

On Friday, Jul 11, 2003, at 02:49 Europe/Helsinki, Mark E. Mallett
wrote:

>> I doubt it has ever even tried to use the timezone in From-lines. If
>> it
>> worked with you before, it was probably because you had the dates
>> stored in "correct" timezone.
>
> Nope-- no change there for a long, long time.  It suddenly
> started happening after a particular dovecot install.  I suspected
> that it had something to do with the change you made to start
> caching dates if they were referenced (am I remembering that right?)
> Perhaps without caching you simply took the literal string, but
> with caching you interpreted the date?

No, they're always parsed. And I've always ignored timezones in it.
Looks like I added support for ".. Jul 11 EET 2003" format where it
just skips the timezone, before that it would treat such From lines
completely invalid. Maybe that's what happened with you? If Dovecot
thinks that the timestamp is invalid, it uses current time (parsing
time) as internaldate.