[Dovecot] Dovecot on Linux 2.6.0-test1-ac1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 16 09:19:28 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 08:56, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> I can imagine why setuid() should ever fail, I've confirmed that the
> daemon is running as UID zero at the time it makes the call. However,
> the call succeeds if I comment out:
>     restrict_process_size((unsigned int)-1, 1);
> on line 134 of src/login-common/main.c it starts to work again.

Has anyone tried if 0.99.10 works by default with openwall and grsec
kernels where it used to have problems? I changed this from 0 to 1 some
time ago when someone said it still didn't work.

Maybe I should make this configurable from config file. The whole point
of it is to prevent login processes from forking, but there doesn't seem
to be any good way to do that. The "1" there specifies the maximum
number of processes for the whole user, not the maximum child processes
for this one..