[Dovecot] Re: DRAC support?

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 5 03:52:03 EEST 2003

* On 2003.06.04, in <1054745460.8867.20.camel at hurina>,
*	"Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> > > No. I'll leave it to patches directory.
> >
> > ./configure --enable-drac ?
> >
> > Shouldn't add any extra weight to the --disable-drac build.
>
> It's still extra bloat for most people. That's why I made it a plugin :)
> I don't think it really matters how it's distributed, and you most
> likely don't ever have to reinstall it when upgrading Dovecot.

Oh, I don't care whether it's a plugin, I'm just looking for a way to
add the compilation and installation of the plugin to the same command
sequence as the rest of the build, so it can be automated somewhat more
instead of having to read the drac.c file and figure out what commands
to run based on your acquired knowledge of the build environment for the
rest of the package, and type/paste those in manually.

I'm really, honestly, truly talking about a no-added-bloat approach. I'm
just asking for configure to add a cc/ld for drac.so to the Makefile, if
you specify --enable-drac.

--
 -D.    dgc at uchicago.edu        NSIT    University of Chicago
      When using any driving directions or map, it's a good idea to do a