[Dovecot] mutt and dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 26 16:47:11 EEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 15:41, Charlie Allom wrote:
> But I've had to alias Maildir/dovecot to Maildir/.INBOX.dovecot/
>
> Is this not normal? Where did my dovecot get this behaviour of only
> reading .INBOX* directories from then? :)

That's just a setting in IMAP clients. Some have set their defaults to
prefix all mailbox names with "INBOX.", since that's what Courier and
Cyrus defaults to.

imap_home_namespace="" with mutt should work (I thought it was
default?), and in squirrelmail's config it's in Folder Defaults ->
Default folder prefix.