[dovecot] Re: OSX & Authentication

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 6 23:15:50 EET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 19:49, Scott A.McIntyre wrote:
> Taking a stab at getting OSX Server 10.2.4 running Dovecot -- with a
> minor tweak of replacing lchown() with chown() in the
> src/lib/sakfe-mkdir.c, it compiled and installed without any problems.

This is fixed in CVS.

> However, oddness in authentication.  It works once, but only once.  I'm
> trying to use pam and have the following:

Can you login with another user name? What if you kill dovecot-auth
process, does that reset it so that you can login again?

> auth       required     pam_securityserver.so

What does this do? Does it contain user login limits of any kind? Just
thinking if something is waiting for the process that did PAM checking
to terminate before allowing to login again..

> . NO Authentication failed.

Setting "auth_verbose = yes" in config file would give better error
message.