[dovecot] Re: debian 0.99.8.1 packages available

Amelia A Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Tue Mar 18 18:12:32 EET 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 10:06:31AM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
>The only bug I've seen so far is that when my mbox-format inbox was in
>/home/jaldhar/mail/inbox dovecot thought it ha 0 messages.  It only showed
>up properly after I moved it back to /var/spool/mail/jaldhar but I suspect
>this is just a configuration error on my part.

I've got problems, that seem similar, using the 0.99.8.1 .deb.

I'm using Maildir.  I've got it set up on a user account to accept mail for
root (into .admin), for postmaster (into .admin.postmaster), and for
webmaster (.admin.webmaster).

mutt won't open .admin.  The message is "error trying to view file".  It
will let me open .admin as a container, so I can see the subfolders for
postmaster and webmaster, and it will let me open these.

sylpheed 0.8.5 (yes, an old version; I'll try a newer one later today when I
have access) shows admin as empty.  Completely empty, that is, even though
its new/ directory actually contains over twenty messages, and it should
display two subfolders.

So there's something very strange going on with navigation of folders, or so
it seems to me.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
The flesh is strong.  The spirit stronger.  So shed your skin, baby.