[dovecot] Help

Barker, Ron, vpe Ron.Barker at v-pe.de
Tue Mar 25 15:01:53 EET 2003

Hi to all,
We are a bit of newbes to imap etc, so may be we just not doing it
right.  Nevertheless,

We have compiled dovecot to run under Solaris 8/9 for IPv6 test.  We are
going crazy.

After a successful compilation, the troubles really began.

Solaris 9
1. Every´time we reboot- the directory /var/run/dovecot/auth is gone
????
2. After the dir is created manually, the server starts.

However!!!
	1.  A telnet to host 143 connect to the server fine but no
commands are accepted.  The server simply returns "bad command"
	2.  If we try to connect via a e-mail client to the server - we
get a login refused - which I suspect is simply the "bad command" error
being interpreted as such.

We have tried every concivable combination of conf items in the conf
file but nothing.

Solaris8

Just does not start.

Any help apprecialted