[dovecot] mailbox problem

Maikel Verheijen maikel at ladot.com
Tue Mar 25 15:56:10 EET 2003

Hi list!

Since a week I am testing with dovecot, and I must say, I like it a lot :)
Keep up the good work :)

I do have one questing regarding dovecot: If I login to a mailbox, and the
mailbox does NOT exist, and the parent directory does not exist either, I
will get disconnected, and dovecot claims it cannot create the directory.
(eg: my user blah at test.com has mail directory
/var/mail/t/te/test.com/blah/Maildir, and all directories up to
/var/mail/t/te/ exist, dovecot does not create the directory test.com/ and
on.)

Is this by design, or should this be created by dovecot?

The problem is solved as soon as the user receives his first email, since my
MTA creates the directories...

Thank you,

Maikel Verheijen