[Dovecot] patch and bug report (from an other in fact)

DINH Viet Hoa dinh.viet.hoa at free.fr
Thu Nov 20 18:38:40 EET 2003

When messages marked \Recent are deleted and expunged, the patch now
sends the new message count and the new recent messages count (although
the message count is not really necessary).

>From RFC 3501 errata (ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/rfc3501-errata)

<<
Section 6.4.3, page 49:
	old:
      The EXPUNGE command permanently removes all messages that have the
      \Deleted flag set from the currently selected mailbox.  Before
      returning an OK to the client, an untagged EXPUNGE response is
      sent for each message that is removed.
	new:
      The EXPUNGE command permanently removes all messages that have the
      \Deleted flag set from the currently selected mailbox.  Before
      returning an OK to the client, an untagged EXPUNGE response is
      sent for each message that is removed.  Note that if any messages
      with the \Recent flag set are expunged, an untagged RECENT response
      is sent after the untagged EXPUNGE(s) to update the client's count
      of RECENT messages.

The bug is that when we connect to the IMAP server through a command
(ssh /usr/libexec/imap for example). \Recent flags are not removed when we
have finish the access to the mailbox. (I have not yet investigated about
that)

Besides that, did you found a solution for the message parser ?
(the bug in FETCH ENVELOPE that I noticed personnaly to Timo)

--
DINH V. Hoa,

     -- Stéphane CHAZELAS