[Dovecot] patch and bug report (from an other in fact)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 20 19:44:43 EET 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 18:38, DINH Viet Hoa wrote:
> When messages marked \Recent are deleted and expunged, the patch now
> sends the new message count and the new recent messages count (although
> the message count is not really necessary).

Yes, I noticed your mail in imap-list. :) The patch is wrong though,
your session may see expunges made by another client as well.

More correct location would be
lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-expunge.c, same for mbox, and
lib-storage/index/index-sync.c:index_storage_sync_modifylog().

They could check if any \Recent messages were expunged, and if so then
call storage->callbacks->new_messages().

> The bug is that when we connect to the IMAP server through a command
> (ssh /usr/libexec/imap for example). \Recent flags are not removed when we
> have finish the access to the mailbox. (I have not yet investigated about
> that)

Recent counters are completely broken currently.. I had an idea how to
fix them to work nicely, but haven't yet had time for that.
http://www.washington.edu/imap/listarch/current/msg01039.html

> Besides that, did you found a solution for the message parser ?
> (the bug in FETCH ENVELOPE that I noticed personnaly to Timo)

Solution is to rewrite lib-mail/message-address.c to work with string
directly instead of tokens. Haven't done that yet either.