[Dovecot] 0.99.10.2 released

Miquel van Smoorenburg miquels at cistron.net
Fri Nov 21 12:18:59 EET 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:31:01, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> I dont use mutt but I do know that pine does support maildir.

Not out of the box. The author of the underlying c-client support
library refuses to add Maildir support. I cleaned up and rewrote the
maildir driver once, like many people did before me and after me,
but it will always be buggy unless the upstream author incorporates
it into c-client proper. I tried, but I'm convinced it will never happen.

> I did however
> look through the muttrc. Uhg. Anyway I see others on the net talking about it
> but I see no one showing how they did it. Mutt can use imap servers though
> and this may be a good solution. You could put here imap settings in the
> ~/.muttrc.

It couldn't be easier with mutt - you do not need to do anything special.
Mutt autodetects the mailbox format. Point it to a mbox - it will work.
Point it to a maildir directory - it will work. Etc. That's why there
are no instructions on how to use maildirs - you don't need any.

Mike.