[Dovecot] 0.99.10.3 released

Miquel van Smoorenburg miquels at cistron.net
Tue Nov 25 12:27:57 EET 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:31:26, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 01:07, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:28:55, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > > 	- SUBSCRIBE broke subscription lists
> > > 	- LIST code rewritten, children flags should be correct now
> >
> > It is correct as in that \HasChildren is now returned .. however,
> > for mailboxes without children the \HasNoChildren flag is not
> > returned.
> >
> You're probably talking about LSUB command, not LIST?

Let me check.. (reading strace output again) .. yes, mutt does

LSUB "" "%"

an then plain folders are not listed with \HasChildren or
\HasNoChildren flags, but folders-with-subfolders do have
the \HasChildren flag set.

E.g.

a002 lsub "" "%"
* LSUB () "." "Drafts"
* LSUB () "." INBOX
* LSUB () "." "Sent"
* LSUB () "." "Trash"
* LSUB (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "cistron"
* LSUB (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "debian"
a002 OK Lsub completed.

> This is kind of
> designed that way to avoid unneeded traffic for most clients, using
> LISTEXT extension with:
>
> LIST (subscribed children) "" %
>
> works correctly. Hmm.. Maybe I should make it configurable..

Ah, I see. I don't have any other IMAP servers running at the
moment so I can't check to see what others do. But indeed, if
I tell mutt to list all folders instead of the subscribed
ones (so that it uses LIST rather than LSUB) it appears to
work correctly.

> > I looked at the CVS code and it should work there. This is
> > probably not going to get fixed in the 0.99.10 series, right ?
>
> I copied that code from CVS to .10.3.

Oh, OK. Somehow I had the impression that you just fixed
the \Children -> \HasChildren typo but you added the
lib-storage/index/maildir/ code to .10.3 as well. That
is excellent, thanks.

Mike.