[Dovecot] deliver mail with postfix to dovecot for mailinglists

Sven Kirmess dovecot at kzone.ch
Mon Nov 24 23:43:52 EET 2003

This is a bit off topic on that list. But the question is
required because of a limitation of dovecot. It cannot
have shared mailboxes into which one would collect mailing list
mails. I assume one has already solved that problem and
therefore ask this question on that list.

I try to do the following:
   I would like to setup an alias dovecot at kzone.ch
   and subscribe this alias to the dovecot mailing list. Then
   I would like to create an alias to run maildrop with the
   correct parameter to put it into the directory
   ~ski/Maildir/.dovecot/. Of course, there is no user dovecot
   on my system and if there would be one she couldn't
   write to a directory owned by me.

Is there a trick to do the following:

ski	->	~ski/Maildir
dovecot	->	~ski/Maildir/.dovecot