[Dovecot] those assertions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 5 23:15:56 EEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 22:43, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a bit of digging into the assertions from mbox-rewrite.c
> (hdr_parsed_size.physical_size == hdr_size). Every time it happens,
> hdr_size is 0, while hdr_parsed_size.physical_size is non-zero
> (presumably the correct value).

That'd mean the header size is saved incorrectly to index file..

Hmm. CVS doesn't anymore store header size in indexes and the assertion
has been removed. Maybe that "fixes" it :)

> Another infrequent assertion that's popped up:
> file message-address.c: line 262 (message_address_write): assertion failed: (addr->domain != NULL)

This is fixed by the address-parser patch in web page.

> And one that's only ever been spotted once in the last few weeks:
> file imap-bodystructure.c: line 278 (part_parse_headers): assertion failed: (part->physical_pos >= input->v_offset - start_offset)

This assertion has also been removed from CVS, but it also indicates
some index corruption..

Maybe next version magically fixes everything :) BTW. I fixed today the
mbox code to work again and I'm now using it. Lets see how long it takes
to corrupt my inbox :)