[Dovecot] Tips to build from CVS?

david at madole.net david at madole.net
Mon Oct 13 16:49:31 EEST 2003

I am struggling to compile Dovecot from CVS. I don't seem to be able to
get a good configure script, always ending up with an error during
configure.

   # sh autogen.sh
   configure.in:13: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM invoked multiple times
   # ./configure
   [...]
   checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.8
   checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.8
   [...]
   checking whether va_lists can be copied by value... yes
   checking for gnutls_global_init in -lgnutls... no
   ./configure.lineno: 25085: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

Looking at the script:

   cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
   #define HAVE_GNUTLS
   _ACEOF

                           SSL_LIBS="-lgnutls -lgcrypt"

                           have_ssl="yes (GNUTLS)"
                           have_gnutls=yes

   fi

   done

                 <-- line 25085
   fi

   fi

   if test "$want_openssl" = "yes" && test "$have_ssl" = "no"; then
     if pkg-config --exists openssl; then

I have the following installed:

   autoconf-2.57
   automake-1.7.7
   libtool-1.5

I've alto tried:

  autoconf-2.13
  automake-1.5

With similar results except a different line number and more warnings from
autogen.sh

Any ideas?

David