[Dovecot] Ignore purge and delete command

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 16 18:26:27 EEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 13:45, vikrant at linmark.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to ignore the purge or delete command
> from the imap clients.
>
> Actually I created a mail archive and using dovecot and so far I am
> happy with the performance. But the problem I am facing right now
> is I do not want the users to delete the mail by themselves and want
> to disable the purge or delete command.

Instead of ignoring some commands, how about just changing the file
permissions to read-only? 0.99.10 already should support that well with
mbox. Dovecot-list's IMAP archives are also implemented so that the imap
user has only read access to everything except for index files which are
located elsewhere.