[Dovecot] problem getting mail from mbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 16 18:39:27 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 05:44, Gavin Estey wrote:
> I'm trying to set up dovecot and I'm running into a few problems.
>
> I just want to use IMAP for one user, everyone else gets POP3 from the
> existing (working server).
>
> $MAIL is set to /var/spool/mail/gavin_imap

You mean default_mail_env setting in config file too?

> In my /var/spool/mail directory I now have a problem:
>
> -rw-------    1 gavin_im mail         1392 Oct 14 22:28 gavin_imap
> -rw-------    1 gavin_im popusers        0 Oct 14 21:54 gavin_imap

How are there two gavin_imap files? They probably have spaces or
something after the name?

You probably added space at the end of default_mail_env in config file
which is causing the problems?

> info_log_path = /tmp/dovecot
>
> -rw-------    1 root     root         4436 Oct 14 22:40 dovecot
>
> [root at chicken tmp]# cat dovecot
> cat: dovecot: No such file or directory

Maybe the same space problem?

BTW. Next version will ignore the spaces automatically.