[Dovecot] problem getting mail from mbox

Gavin Estey gavin at estey.com
Wed Oct 15 06:36:15 EEST 2003

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 10:44  PM, Gavin Estey wrote:

> I'm trying to set up dovecot and I'm running into a few problems.

I've finally solved the "odd filename" issue. If I run:

$ find . -name "dovecot*" -print0 | xargs -0 cat

I get to see the file. Is there some bug where dovecot has got a space
or a NULL or something stuck on the filename? An "ls -Q" seems to
confirm this:

$ ls -Q dovecot*
"dovecot "
$ ls -Q /var/spool/mail/gavin_imap*
"/var/spool/mail/gavin_imap"  "/var/spool/mail/gavin_imap "

Hope this helps.

Gavin.