[Dovecot] Unable to access the mailbox or folders !!

nasir nasir kollathodi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 11:16:59 EEST 2003

Hi,
     Thanx a lot for your reply. But my log file(its
/var/log/dovecot) doesnt have any information other
than the following line for example,
imap-login: Sep 16 10:31:50 Info: Login: usr1
[127.0.0.1]
After this when I give select command or anything like
that, its not logged(I dont know also, how to enable
maximum debug information, I checked the docs and all)
Again, let me tell you that I suspect there is
something wrong with the mail environment setting. its
as follows

default_mail_env = maildir:/var/spool/mail/%u/Maildir

and when i give some nonexisting location ( eg;
/var/blah/blah) also, I get the SAME ERROR.

Here is a sample telnet session

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK dovecot ready.
a01 login usr1 XXXXXXXXX
a01 OK Logged in.
a02 select inbox
a02 NO

Please tell me if you would like to have any other
info.
Thanx again and regards,
Nasirudheen