[Dovecot] Unable to access the mailbox or folders !!

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 17 02:51:32 EEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 11:16, nasir nasir wrote:
> Hi,
>      Thanx a lot for your reply. But my log file(its
> /var/log/dovecot) doesnt have any information other
> than the following line for example,
> imap-login: Sep 16 10:31:50 Info: Login: usr1
> [127.0.0.1]
> After this when I give select command or anything like
> that, its not logged(I dont know also, how to enable
> maximum debug information, I checked the docs and all)

Hmmh. It's difficult to say anything. If it returns just "NO" it means
something returns a failure without setting any error message. That
really shouldn't happen..

> Again, let me tell you that I suspect there is
> something wrong with the mail environment setting. its
> as follows
>
> default_mail_env = maildir:/var/spool/mail/%u/Maildir
>
> and when i give some nonexisting location ( eg;
> /var/blah/blah) also, I get the SAME ERROR.

It probably has something to do with not finding the maildir, or that
the maildir doesn't work for some reason or .. hmm. Do you use one or
multiple UIDs?

Try this:

MAIL=/var/spool/mail/username/Maildir /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap

and see if you can select inbox there?