[Dovecot] Multiple instances of .customflags staying open

Ron dovecot at fabre.id.au
Wed Sep 24 00:09:01 EEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:40:23 +0300 Timo Sirainen (Timo Sirainen
<tss at iki.fi>) said:

> On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 16:08, Ron wrote:
> > > Do you use INDEX=MEMORY?
> >
> > Do you mean this?;
> > default_mail_env = maildir:%h/Maildir/:INDEX=MEMORY
>
> Yes. OK, got it :) It happens with INDEX=MEMORY. Included patch should
> fix it.

Beaut, thanks. I'll apply it later today and report back.

One more piece of information I've discovered which may help though; I
changed the mail checking interval from five minutes to thirty minutes
and then left the mail client running overnight. It did _not_ die. There
was only five occurences of any one .customflags file open, whereas
there should have been around fifteen (and therefore it would have
locked up).

Maybe the opened files are timing out after a period of maybe two or
three hours? Therefore the problem had been there all along (on my
system, anyway) until a week or so ago when I changed from ten minute
intervals to five minute intervals. ie; I'm opening the files faster
than they timeout and close.

What do you think? Or have I gone completely mad? ;-)

cheers!