[Dovecot] Multiple instances of .customflags staying open

Ron dovecot at fabre.id.au
Wed Sep 24 12:16:39 EEST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:09:01 +1000 Ron (Ron <dovecot at fabre.id.au>) said:

> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:40:23 +0300 Timo Sirainen (Timo Sirainen
> <tss at iki.fi>) said:
>
> > Yes. OK, got it :) It happens with INDEX=MEMORY. Included patch
> > should fix it.
>
> Beaut, thanks. I'll apply it later today and report back.

ok, I applied the patch and things are much better. When I check for
open customflags files I find that there are only a couple of unique
ones, and only for a short time (probably while the client is scanning
the folders).

However, a new bug has appeared. When I press send on a message I
sometimes get this error;

  The message was queued but could not be sent.
  Use "Send queued messages" from the main window to  retry.

The message does not actualy appear in the Queue folder unless I quit
the client and restart it (this bit could be a client issue). When I
check maillog I see this entry;

  Sep 24 19:03:53 the-system imap(ron): Corrupted index file \
  (in-memory index for /home/ron/Maildir//.Queue): UIDVALIDITY \
  changed in uidlist

Any (new) ideas?

cheers!