[Dovecot] dovecot not staying up

Brian T Glenn glenn-dovecot at delink.net
Tue Apr 6 05:24:16 EEST 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 03:59:08PM +0100, Dominic Marks may have written:
> On Monday 05 April 2004 15:33, Brian T Glenn wrote:
> > I found one reference to this in the archives via google, but the
> > assistance offered there did not resolve the problem. I am getting
> > the following in the logs:
> >
> > Apr  5 10:21:25 ziegchen dovecot: Dovecot starting up
> > Apr  5 10:21:26 ziegchen dovecot: Auth process died too early -
>
> What does your dovecot.conf look like?
>
> > shutting down Apr  5 10:21:26 ziegchen dovecot: child 30091 (auth)
> > returned error 127 Apr  5 10:21:26 ziegchen imap-login: fd_send(-1)
> > failed: Broken pipe
> >
> > This is with SSL on or off, I have tried building the source many
> > different ways, but it behaves the same every time. I even copied
> > the config from a working installation and tried it with that, but
> > to no avail. Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> What operating system are you using?

Thank you for your reply, however, I believe I have found the problem.
The --with-pgsql option being enabled seems to require that a pgsql
server be running on the system, which in the case of this server it was
not. Perhaps a more useful error message, such as unable to connect to
pgsql database, or something similar would be helpful in the future.

Thanks,
--
Brian T Glenn
delink.net Internet Services