[Dovecot] dovecot with sendmail

electron electron electron31 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 10:51:43 EEST 2004

Hello,
Here is an issue.
I am trying to make dovecot work with sendmail
If I use the default conf file (default_mail_env = ) then the inbox is the
file /var/mail/user and a mail folder is created in /home/user directory
where it stores all additional imap folders.
The problem with this is that I can’t have subfolders.
If I edit dovecot.conf file and enter
default_mail_env = maildir:/var/mail/%1u/%u/Maildir
then I can create subfolders, but new emails are not stored in INBOX, but
the stay in /var/mail/user.

In order to overcome this issue I used procmail
.procmailrc:
----------
{
        :0
Maildir/

}

So now all emails are stored in Maildir format and again with the default
dovecot.conf file it works fine.
I was wondering if there is an alternative way to do this, without using
procmail…..just editing the dovecot.conf file.

Thank you

Regards