[Dovecot] Dovecot Local Delivery Agent

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Sat Aug 7 01:21:36 EEST 2004

> >2. Sieve support. I can possibly help with this, as I already have
> >homebrew Sieve enabled MDA using libsieve from GNU mailutils.
> >It works, but only maildir is ssupported and it's a little kludgy.
>
> I would rather not create my own fully featured LDA. Making someone
> else's LDA just use Dovecot's mail_save() and dovecot-auth would be
> better.

I support this concept :-)

   (I have an LDA whose scripting language includes an embedded SIEVE
    syntax, and I do plan to make it dovecot-friendly once I get up some
    more steam for another round of working on it.  See www.mvmf.org if
    you are curious; apologies if it's rude to mention it here again.)

> Doing the actual mail saving should be simple, but I'm not
> exactly sure how the initialization would work. It would need to figure
> out where and how mails are stored (dovecot-auth's master socket would
> tell), and also read namespace settings from dovecot.conf.

Or at least derive their information in compatible ways.

mm