[Dovecot] Dovecot Local Delivery Agent

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 6 19:01:04 EEST 2004

On 6.8.2004, at 15:12, Andrey Panin wrote:

>> I noticed in a post that Timo might start work on a LDA Great! If so,
>> here is something I would really like included.
>
> Where is this post ? I want to read it too :))

I don't think it said much..

> Yeah, let's create long wishlist :)
>
> 1. Quota support, especially on maildir storage;

It would use mail-storage API so if Dovecot internally supports quota
then LDA would too.

> 2. Sieve support. I can possibly help with this, as I already have
> homebrew Sieve enabled MDA using libsieve from GNU mailutils.
> It works, but only maildir is ssupported and it's a little kludgy.

I would rather not create my own fully featured LDA. Making someone
else's LDA just use Dovecot's mail_save() and dovecot-auth would be
better. Doing the actual mail saving should be simple, but I'm not
exactly sure how the initialization would work. It would need to figure
out where and how mails are stored (dovecot-auth's master socket would
tell), and also read namespace settings from dovecot.conf.