[Dovecot] Multiple dovecot processes stepping on each other

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 23 09:00:19 EEST 2004

On 23.8.2004, at 08:54, Peter Hessler wrote:

> :Is login_dir setting commented out in the config file? Or are you
> :trying to somehow use a single dovecot-auth process for them? If not,
> :this is a bit strange problem. They shouldn't know anything about each
> :others in that case.
> :
>
> Do any other directories need to be seperated, or just login_dir?
> Seems to
> be working well for now.

Not directories, but there's ssl_parameters_file also.

> It might be a good thing to do a s/\/var\/dovecot\//$base-dir/g so any
> changes to base-dir filter throughout the config file.

The default for login_dir is "login" which is relative to base_dir, so
if you hadn't changed it there should have been no conflict. Hmm.
Although in example config file they're commented out as absolute
paths. Well, I think they're a bit clearer that way.