[Dovecot] Multiple dovecot processes stepping on each other

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Mon Aug 23 09:06:15 EEST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:00:19 +0300
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

:> It might be a good thing to do a s/\/var\/dovecot\//$base-dir/g so any
:> changes to base-dir filter throughout the config file.
:
:The default for login_dir is "login" which is relative to base_dir, so
:if you hadn't changed it there should have been no conflict. Hmm.
:Although in example config file they're commented out as absolute
:paths. Well, I think they're a bit clearer that way.

I think it is clear either way.  Using $base-dir makes it really easy to
change paramaters.

--
When the going gets tough, the tough get empirical
		-- Jon Carroll