[Dovecot] Just installed with Fedora 2

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Aug 25 03:06:18 EEST 2004

--On Tuesday, August 24, 2004 5:02 PM -0400 "Michael J. Pawlowsky"
<mikejp at videotron.ca> wrote:

> It seems like dovecot does not support mailboxes inside of a directories.
> Am I right in thinking this?

It does. You need to edit your dovecot.conf file to set that up:

default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

Note that this changes the root of the hierarchy visible to the client.
UW-IMAP rooted the tree at one's home directory. This config roots it at
~/mail. So your client config may need to change to match.

> Second I get the error message:
>
> The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Error in
> IMAP command MYRIGHTS: Unknown command.
> My client is Thunderbird.

Unknown, as I use Mulberry. But be sure to download the newer RPM from
Fedora Development. It has quite a few bug fixes.