[Dovecot] Just installed with Fedora 2

Andrew Boothman andrew at mux.org.uk
Thu Aug 26 03:02:07 EEST 2004

Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:

> I just upgraded my RH9 installation to Fedora 2.
>
> To my surprise, imapd seems to be gone from the core.
> I noticed there are now two IMAP servers docevot and cyrus.
> After reading brief descriptions of both, dovecot would seem to be more
> compatible with my setup.
> Especially since I'm using mbox's.
>
> I have 2 questions.
>
> It seems like dovecot does not support mailboxes inside of a directories.
> Am I right in thinking this?

No. Dovecot supports this fine with Maildirs. Your directory must be
named .something and have the usual Maildir layout.

> Second I get the error message:
>
> The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Error in
> IMAP command MYRIGHTS: Unknown command.
> My client is Thunderbird.

That's strange - I use Thunderbird 0.7.2 (under Windows) and I've never
seen that message before.

Do you have an unusual option turned on? Or are you using a really old
version? Although - I've never seen that message before and have been
using Thunderbird for quite a while.

Andrew