[Dovecot] Just installed with Fedora 2

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 26 08:18:51 EEST 2004

> No. Dovecot supports this fine with Maildirs. Your directory must be
> named .something and have the usual Maildir layout.

I still cannot create a sub-folder using Thunderbird. But when I create
it manually and them move the mbox files it recognizes it.

For instance:

~mikep/mail/sent
~mikep/mail/Lists
~mikep/mail/Lists/Dovecot
~mikep/mail/Lists/MySQL

Is what I *WAS* having problems seeing.

>> Second I get the error message:
>>
>> The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Error
>> in IMAP command MYRIGHTS: Unknown command.
>> My client is Thunderbird.
>

> That's strange - I use Thunderbird 0.7.2 (under Windows) and I've
> never seen that message before.

Unfortunatley I don't have anything in my logs about it.
This would happend anytime I would click on any other mailbox besides Inbox.
What I think was happening was that Thunderbird still had those
mailboxes in it's memory so they were listed, but Dovecot did not know
about those mbox files since I had not made the change in dovecot.conf
yet for it to know about ~/mail.

Everything seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for the responses everyone!

Cheers,
Mike