[Dovecot] IMAP subfolders

Manuel Moran Vaquero moran at uvigo.es
Mon Feb 23 19:05:35 EET 2004

> This seems to be a FAQ:
> http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/list/dovecot/2004-February/002959.html
>
> http://www.natalian.org/archives/2004/02/14/maildir/
>
> When you use that maildirmake program or whatever, you need to prefix it
> with a '.'

Thanks Kai! Now that I understand better the Maildir need, I have another
question:

Is ist possible to specify in dovecot.conf that inbox is in mbox format and
to use Maildir for the rest of the folders? I remember having seen that
somewhere in this same list, but I can't find the message anymore. I think
that message said that it was not a supported feature, but the developers
were working on it. For now, I don't see any hints in the conf file for
configure the env to Maildir+Mbox, so I suppose it's still under
development.

I don't want to fiddle much with sendmail, so I'd like to keep the mbox
spool as default, but using with Maildir for the other IMAP folders (so as
to support subfolders) in dovecot, and convert users' mbox imap folders
manually. This would even be a nice feature which would integrate perfectly
in new Fedora releases (sendmail mbox drop comes by default) as the
configuration would be seamless.

I hope I have explained me correctly.

Thanks in advance again for the replies.

Manuel Moran