[Dovecot] DIGEST-MD5 Authentication

Dominic Marks dom at wirespeed.org.uk
Mon Jan 5 01:02:53 EET 2004

Hello,

I am confused by a problem I am having getting Dovecot to authenticate
users with DIGEST-MD5. I am receiving the error message, "Unexpected
service type in digest-uri". (cvs: mech-digest-md5.c, line 407)

From an examination of the code it is clear that a check is performed
to see if the first component of a the digest-uri triplet is the
string "imap". The service type surely is IMAP, and from what I can
gather of the expected format of the digest-uri triplet from the
comments in the code it should be the first component.

Is this just a case of inverted logic or am I mistaken ?

Thanks,
--
Dominic <dom at wirespeed.org.uk>